Who we are
Our website address is: https://afroway.digital.
The Afro-Way: Soul From The East (hereinafter referred as Afro-Way/ AfroWay) also operating as Afro-Way.com and/or any other related domains, acknowledges that there is need to address imperative issues vis-à-vis Privacy. Therefore, AfroWay vehemently affirms that it will approach and deal with private information collected through your interaction with AfroWay in a diligent way.
Collection of Information
It is imperative to note that through your interaction with AfroWay, you are likely to divulge some of your personal and/or confidential information so as to attain certain information, services and/or any other activities that will demand you to key in of your personal information.
The information AfroWay collects will vary depending on the service you request but could include name, address, phone number, email address, user name, password, age, gender, date of birth, comments and/or competition answers. AfroWay may also ask for additional information depending on the nature of the service required and/or provided. Unless stated, the data fields AfroWay requests must be completed.
Irrespective of AfroWay urge to attain certain information from you, TAKE NOTICE THAT:
- In no circumstances will AfroWay through its respective actors; thus, the Head and/or Employees of whatsoever incumbent will ask, request and/or authorize you to proffer information relating to your Gadgets, Email, Automated Machine Credit or Debit Card et al. information; In case of any challenges of whatsoever degree that reflects (a), be kind enough and approach your respective service institution;
- Contrary to (a) and any presumed Technological Hitch and/or Barring unknown and beyond AfroWay automated system performance and/or that breakdown which emanates due to the third party service provider as presumed under (c), AfroWay will have to collect certain confidential data relating to your transaction(s). For instance, when you are to make payments online by utilising PayPal, Credit and Debit Cards and/or any other formality scripted by the AfroWay Management; and
- Any data proffered under (c) is highly protected as AfroWay itself; thus, through the employees, they cannot access the said information and/or data.
- Software or Applications
By installing any mobile, computer, tablet and/or any other Application or Software that is produced by AfroWay for purposes of making it’s services efficient you do agree on the following terms without whatsoever reservation:
- Your location – upon your first use you will be prompted for permission for us to use your location (which you may decline) in order to offer you relevant services (AfroWay cannot offer relevant services if you do not permit us to detect and use your location); and
- Your device – if you access our services from a device such as a mobile telephone running an application, AfroWay will uniquely identify each instance of the application, but AfroWay will not be able to personally identify you from this information.
Use of Information
AfroWay will use your personal information for a number of purposes including but not limited to the following:
- To provide, administer and communicate with you about our services and promotions (e.g. to enable you to log in to your account and/or enter competitions) and/or to analyse and improve the services that AfroWay offers.
- To email and/or provide information relating to marketing communications about content, products, events and promotions by us, that you might be interested in. If you are a registered user, then these communications may be personalised for you based on your browsing preferences.
- To email and/or provide information relating to marketing communications about products, events and promotions by third parties, that you might be interested in. AfroWay will only do so if at the time of collecting your personal information you have specifically agreed to opt-in to receive such communications from third parties.
Through the progress of AfroWay, your information may or will be utilised for other various purposes that are sound to various legal Provisions of Kenya, Regional or International Policies and/or Principles vis-à-vis Privacy, more so in relation to operation of Business Entities under the Online rostrums.
- Sharing Information
AfroWay may share personal information with service providers who perform functions and services on our behalf. Such third parties will be provided with personal information necessary to perform the services on our behalf but are not authorised to use such information for any other purposes.
Only where you have agreed to receive marketing communications from third parties, AfroWay may pass your personal information for this purpose.
AfroWay may disclose your personal information when you enter a competition or when you provide material AfroWay wishes to publish. AfroWay will effect such with your prior consent.
AfroWay may carry out research or analysis, which contains your personal information, via our sites. Any “pooled” responses to questions may also be shared with our partner organisations.
AfroWay may also disclose personal information about you to comply with applicable laws and when requested to do so by law enforcement agencies or government bodies.
- Business Transfer
AfroWay reserve the right to transfer personal information about you in the event it sells or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets and that you equally acknowledge that in the unfortunate event that AfroWay goes out of business and/or winding-up the acquirer of AfroWay will utilise the personal information collected by AfroWay as described herein. Following such unforeseen events, you may contact the entity to which AfroWay transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
- Aggregate Statistics
- Transferring Data
- Your Rights
Upon vivid communication by you, AfroWay will be able to address, effect and/or observe your Rights or Legitimate requests effectively and efficiently by having you pledge the following Rights which you happen to waive if no action and/or communication is effected by you vis-a-vis the use of information AfroWay collects from you on the onset and continuous interaction with AfroWay and/or any other entity managed by AfroWay. The rights are:
- You have the right to request that AfroWay ceases to provide you information relating to marketing communications, whether by e-mail or otherwise, to you. You can do this by checking certain boxes when AfroWay collects your personal information or by clicking the unsubscribe link in the marketing e-mails you receive from us. You can also do this by contacting us at <a href=”mailto:email@example.com”>firstname.lastname@example.org</a>and putting “PRIVACY” in the subject box.
- You may request access to the personal information AfroWay hold about you. If you would like to submit a request please contact us at email@example.com with “Personal Information Request” in the subject box.
- Third Party Websites